Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: The invisible, invincible monster: Dr PN Rao
Date: Thu 25 Feb, 2021 1:30–2:30pm
Duration: 1 hour
What the session is about
Discussion (1.30 pm to 2 pm)
- Diagnosis of NAFLD
- Management of NAFLD
- Expert guidance statement
Interactive Q&A (2 pm to 2.30 pm)
- Register now and send your questions through the chat window
- You can also send questions 'Live' during the Webinar on 25th February through the chat window below the video
About the presenter:
Dr. PN Rao, Director & Chief of Hepatology, Asian Institute of Gastroenterology, Hyderabad, President, Indian National Association for Study of the Liver
- Dr PN Rao has a vast experience in various liver diseases like Alcoholic liver disease, Fatty liver disease, liver cancer etc.
- He has been involved in teaching and training residents preparing for DNB in Gastroenterology.
- He is the nodal coordinator for DNB courses at AIG for National Board of Examinations (NB), New Delhi.
- He has conducted clinical workshops for DNB and D.M students from all teaching institutions in India in Gastroenterology, LIVERAGE (Liver Advanced Graduate Education) in 2011 and 2013
- He has been Principal investigator (PI) for various phase 4 national, international clinical drug trials for hepatitis C, hepatitis B, alcoholic liver disease, non-alcoholic liver disease, and liver cancer.
- He has been involved along with basic research scientists at Asian Institute of basic sciences and affiliate of AIG in the fields of the genetics of non-alcoholic liver disease, regenerative medicine dealing with stem cell research for advanced liver diseases, basic research in the pathogenesis of hepatitis B and hepatitis C liver disease.
- He has been a member of the INASL task force for various liver diseases like hepatitis B hepatitis C, non-alcoholic liver disease.
- He has been the member of Indian clinical practice guidelines committees for hepatitis B and liver cancer (HCC).
- He has been the founder and honorary secretary of INASL, AP chapter.
- He is now the National President (E) of INASL.
- Dr Rao has contributed chapters on hepatobiliary disorders in API textbook of Medicine in successive three editions and chapter in the INASL handbook as well.
- He has over 100 research publications in peer-reviewed national and international journals