New 4-step approach to remove nasal foreign bodies
M3 India Newsdesk Nov 20, 2018
Though nasal foreign bodies (NFBs) are benign in nature, they are likely to cause mucosal damage, bleeding, infection, and also aspiration in extreme cases. To develop better success for NFB removal mainly in the first try, a simple 4-step approach has been devised, and presented by Tian-Tee Ng and Michael Nasserallah in their paper titled 'The art of removing nasal foreign bodies'.
A common presenting complaint seen in the emergency department is one of a nasal foreign body (NFB)...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!