Too much water may leave you high and dry
Newswise Aug 10, 2018
Summer can be unbearable for some, especially when going without water. Staying hydrated while in the heat is almost common sense, but can too much water be a bad thing?
“Most of us do need more water at this time of the year; but surprisingly, you can drink too much and overhydrate,” said University of Alabama at Birmingham Department of Nutrition Sciences Assistant Professor Beth Kitchin, PhD. “When people drink too much water, it dilutes the sodium in the blood to a level...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!