Management of rare diseases
Date: Tue 28 Feb, 2023 9:00–9:40pm
Duration: 40 mins
What the session is about
Discussion (9:00 to 9.30 pm)
- Basics of medical genetics
- Types of genetic disorders
- Genetic testing & counseling
- Disorders highlights
- Prenatal diagnosis & gene therapy
Interactive Q&A (9.30 to 9:40 pm)
- Register now and send your questions through the chat window
- You can also send questions 'Live' during the Webinar on February 28th through the chat window below the video
About the presenter:
Dr. Parag Tamhankar is a Senior Consultant Medical Geneticist at Medgenome Labs, Bangalore
- He is serving as Senior Consultant at Centre for Medical Genetics, Mumbai, Jupiter Hospital, Thane.
- He has done DM (Medical Genetics) in 2010 from Sanjay Gandhi PGI, Lucknow.
- He is First DM Medical Geneticist to practice in Maharashtra.
- He has done MD (Pediatrics) and MBBS from KEM Hospital, Mumbai.
- He has published 46 Pubmed Indexed Publications, 4 Non Pubmed Indexed Publications & 6 Textbook Publications.
- He won National Award of ICMR- Dr HB Dingley Memorial Award in year 2013
- He has a keen interest in Clinical Dysmorphology, Inborn Errors of Metabolism, Exome and microarray analysis & Perinatal Pathology.
- He used to be Scientist at ICMR Genetic Research Centre, and Consultant to WHO.
- He is Treasurer at Indian Academy of Paediatrics (Mumbai Branch)-2012.
DM (Medical Genetics), MD, DNB, DCH, FCPS (Paediatrics)