Newborn goes missing from private clinic in Bihar
UNI Nov 08, 2018
A newborn went missing from a private clinic under Chakai police station area in the district on November 7.
Police said that the baby boy just after the delivery was found missing from the hospital. Sources said that the woman, a native of Hirnatarh village had delivered the baby on November 6 even as the hospital management demanded Rs. 3,000 from parents by taking the plea that the amount was spent on the delivery.
Later, doctors attending on the baby told the parents that he was very weak and so he had to be kept at the hospital for supervision for the next 24 hours. On the other hand, the parents, who had gone to their village to arrange money were told by doctors that the baby died when they returned to the hospital.
Suspecting foul play, the man registered an FIR at the police station concerned. Before police reached the hospital, director of the hospital Dr. K D Das and his associates escaped from the hospital. Raids are being conducted to nab them, police added.
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!