AI technique can boost brain scans to predict Alzheimer early
IANS Nov 08, 2018
Artificial intelligence (AI) can help improve the ability of brain imaging techniques to predict Alzheimer's disease early, according to a study.
Researchers from the University of California in San Francisco (UCSF) trained a deep learning algorithm on a special imaging technology known as 18-F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET). They included more than 2,100 FDG-PET brain images from 1,002 patients and on an independent set of 40 imaging exams from 40...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!