Unseen infections behind stunted growth in many kids: Lancet
IANS Oct 11, 2018
Deadly pathogens are causing unrecognised infections that are stunting growth and mental development in healthy children living in developing countries including India, a study has claimed.
Nearly 30 per cent of children under 5 years in low-resource countries suffered from stunted growth in 2017. While nutritional issues and diarrhoea have long been blamed for causing these, scientists are now looking at two new studies that found a large number of children with stunted...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!