The Section 377 verdict and lessons in inclusion for mental health professionals
Partner Content Sep 14, 2018
While the SC verdict on section 377 is progressive and bats for queer community's right to mental healthcare, there are many hurdles to overcome.
The historic verdict scrapping Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code that criminalized homosexuality has been lauded widely by the LGBTQI+ community and the legal fraternity alike. Apart from acknowledging the injustice meted out to the queer community for decades, the Navtej Singh Johar v/s Union of India judgement also...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!