Genetic mutations may impact cancer treatment
ANI Aug 10, 2018
Turns out, genetic mutations in appendix cancer are distinct from those found in colon cancer and that mutations in the genes are good predictors of survival among people with appendix cancer.
To understand why some patients with appendix cancer respond to standard treatment while others do not, researchers at the University of California performed genetic profiling on appendiceal tumors to compare mutations present in both cancer types. "For tumors that are rare like appendix...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!