Former Union Health Minister calls to end animal dissection in PG medical courses
IANS Jul 11, 2018
PETA on July 10 said former Union Health minister and senior BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha has written to the Medical Council of India and urged it to replace animal dissection and experimentation with non-animal training methods in all postgraduate medical courses.
Calling animal dissection a "vestige" of a "crueler, less enlightened time", Sinha said computer-assisted learning (CAL) and human-simulation techniques are among the methods that can replace animal use...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!