Ganga Ram Hospital starts kidney homecare services
IANS Mar 14, 2019
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi on March 13, launched "Kidney Care at Home", which aims to provide homecare services, like ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, continuous holter monitoring, care of catheter, dressing and wound care.
"There will be dedicated staff to look after home peritoneal dialysis (CAPD & APD) and this APD machine will have software for monitoring therapy by the nephrologist," the hospital said in a statement.
"Since chronic kidney disease runs in families, especially in patients with diabetes, hypertension and various other diseases, we will have a package under which patients families will be screened for early detection of kidney diseases. Many lives can be saved by doing the screening of families," D.S. Rana, Chairperson (Department of Nephrology) & Chairman (Board of Management), Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, said. Another service launched is an addition of Apheresis Unit in the department of nephrology, which will have dedicated apheresis machines and will cater to patients of ABO incompatible kidney transplant.
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!