Association between psoriasis and sexual and erectile dysfunction in epidemiologic studies: A systematic review
JAMA Jan 12, 2019
Molina-Leyva A, et al. – Investigators evaluated the available scientific evidence on the associations between psoriasis and sexual and erectile dysfunction in epidemiologic studies. They reviewed 28 studies representing 52,520 patients with psoriasis and 1,806,022 control individuals. They found that patients with psoriasis may be at a higher risk of sexual and erectile dysfunction vs a healthy population, independent of physical and psychological comorbidities. Among patients with psoriasis, a higher risk was noted for those with anxiety, depression, psoriatic arthritis, and genital psoriasis. Overall, they suggested that sexual dysfunction could be improved with biologic drug therapy.
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!