Association of blood pressure classification in young adults using the 2017 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association blood pressure guideline with cardiovascular events later in life
JAMA Nov 09, 2018
Yano Y, et al. - Researchers investigated if a higher risk for cardiovascular disease events is seen among adults who develop hypertension (defined using the 2017 American College of Cardiology (ACC)/American Heart Association (AHA) blood pressure guideline) before age 40 years vs those who maintain normal blood pressure. According to findings, a significantly higher risk for subsequent cardiovascular disease events was observed among young adults with elevated blood pressure, stage 1...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!