Low muscle strength and mass is associated with the accelerated decline of bone microarchitecture at the distal radius in older men: The Prospective STRAMBO Study
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research Jun 13, 2018
Wagner P, et al. - During an 8-year prospective follow-up, the researchers examined the association of muscle mass and strength with changes in bone microarchitecture of the distal radius in 821 older men. For this analysis, bone microarchitecture was evaluated by high resolution peripheral quantitative computed tomography (XtremeCT-1, Scanco) at baseline, then after 4 and 8 years. It was noted that aging-related deterioration of bone microarchitecture was most rapid after the age of 80 in...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
M3 India is free website for doctors
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
Bonus: You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!