Abaloparatide for risk reduction of nonvertebral and vertebral fractures in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis: A network meta-analysis
Osteoporosis International Apr 12, 2019
Reginster JY, et al. - In this network meta-analysis (NMA), researchers estimated the relative effectiveness of abaloparatide vs other therapies to reduce the risk of fractures in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis (PMO). In all, abaloparatide exhibited the greatest treatment effect relative to placebo in the vertebral fracture (VF) network, the nonvertebral (NVF) network, and the wrist fracture network vs other treatments. Compared with other treatments, abaloparatide had the greatest estimated possibility to prevent the fractures in the following networks: 79% for VF, 70% for NVF, and 53% for wrist fracture.
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!