Is there a difference between real consent and informed consent? Dr. MC Gupta explains
M3 India Newsdesk Dec 06, 2018
Dr. MC Gupta, a doctor turned lawyer, guides with practical answers and insights for queries posted by Indian doctors. Here he answers one such query related to patient consent.
What is the difference between real consent and informed consent?
Dr. MC Gupta explains...
A— The term real consent is used in Britain while the term informed consent is used in USA. [Note: In India, the courts almost always use the term informed consent and not real consent.]
B— In real consent,...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!