'Doctor, which artificial sweetener should I use?'- Dr. Mishra answers
M3 India Newsdesk Oct 11, 2018
Use of artificial sweeteners is rampant among people dealing with diabetes as well as those fighting obesity issues. On this World Obesity Day, Dr. Mishra shares his views on this trend.
While it was assumed that artificial sweeteners being low in calories would be helpful in glycaemic control in diabetics, the use of aspartame and sucralose instead of decreasing blood sugar actually causes paradoxical postprandial hyperglycaemia with accompanying postprandial hyperinsulinaemia, possibly...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!