Tiny clip that repairs leaky heart valve a powerful treatment option for heart failure: NEJM
Newswise Oct 10, 2018
A new nationwide study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine that included researchers from the Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute in Salt Lake City, found that a tiny clip placed in the heart to fix a leaky mitral valve drastically decreases the risk of both dying and returning to the hospital for heart failure patients.
The study found that the MitraClip device reduced risk of hospitalization by half and deaths by nearly 40%, as well as significantly improving...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!