Common cause of dementia may be treatable
Healthline/Medical News Today Jul 11, 2018
A new study—led by the University of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom—has now uncovered how a disease that affects the brain's small blood vessels contributes to dementia and stroke.
The disease in question is called cerebral small vessel disease (CSVD).
In a paper now published in the journal Science Translational Medicine, researchers led by Professor Anna Williams, who heads the MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine at the university, note how they studied molecular features...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!