Alert sounded in UP after 17 swine flu cases reported
IANS Jan 11, 2019
The Uttar Pradesh government has alerted all districts about the H1N1 swine flu virus after 17 cases were reported in the past week, health officials said on January 10.
According to the government, so far 17 cases of swine flu have been reported from across the state. Among the affected, a 46-year-old patient hailing from Rae Bareli, passed away on January 9. Health officers across the state have been asked to ensure that isolated wards are set up in hospitals for patients affected by H1N1.
The state government has also asked officials from the health department to make sure that awareness programmes are run so that people are sensitised about the disease and its symptoms. Laboratory tests for swine flu are conducted in the Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow; SN Medical College, Agra; GSVM Medical College, Kanpur; BRD Medical College in Gorakhpur and at three other places in the state.
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!