Unable to cure migraine, doctor attempts suicide after poisoning mother, sister
PTI Dec 03, 2018
A doctor killed his mother and sister by injecting poison and tried to end his own life here, apparently over the unbearable migraine attacks suffered by the family, police said on December 1.
Govinda Prakash (43) allegedly poisoned his 75-year old mother and 40-year old sister, and tried to commit suicide in the same manner in the morning, as he could not find a cure for the ailment and was upset at the disorder running in the family, the police said.
A purported suicide note found at the spot revealed that Prakash committed the crime as they were suffering from persistent migraine, the police said. The doctor has been admitted to a hospital and was under treatment, they added.
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!