Cataract management has evolved to refractive surgery
IANS Oct 11, 2018
Recent advances in the intraocular lenses (IOLs) -- the artificial lenses which are inserted in the eye after removing the cataract -- have revolutionised cataract surgery.
Cataract is caused due to the opacification of the natural lens in the eye, leading to cloudy vision. It is a common occurrence in the elderly -- and a commonly performed surgery across the world. The management of cataract has evolved recently from a stage of visual restoration to a stage of refractive surgery. Several...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!