Unsafe abortion occurs when a pregnancy terminated by persons lacking necessary skills: WHO
UNI Aug 10, 2018
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines unsafe abortion occurs when a pregnancy is terminated either by persons lacking the necessary skills or in an environment that does not conform to minimal medical standards, or both.
This definition embodies concepts first outlined in a 1992 WHO Technical Consultation. Although widely used, it is inconsistently interpreted. In this editorial we discuss its correct interpretation and operationalization. WHO’s...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!