TN govt asserts organ transplant facilitation as per norms
PTI Jun 13, 2018
The Tamil Nadu government on June 12 asserted that organs for transplant are made available to foreign recipients only if Indian patients are either not compatible or not ready to receive them.
"Only during such circumstances, and according to our rules and law,it (organs like heart for transplanting) is made available to others (foreigners) honestly in a transparent way," health Minister C Vijayabaskar said in the assembly. Replying to a query from DMK member R Masilamani,...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
M3 India is free website for doctors
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
Bonus: You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!