Delhi doctors remove part of liver laparoscopically from Iraqi woman in a possible first in India
PTI May 16, 2018
Doctors at Fortis Healthcare, New Delhi have successfully conducted a laparoscopic surgery on a 23-year-old Iraqi woman who donated a part of her liver to her ailing son.
In a what is being claimed as a first in India, doctors at a Delhi hospital laparoscopically removed a part of the liver of a 23-year-old Iraqi woman, who donated the part to her ailing son after a 10-hour procedure. The procedure hepatectomy, a surgical resection (removal of all or part of the liver),...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
M3 India is free website for doctors
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
Bonus: You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!