Lymphopenia and risk of infection and infection-related death in 98,344 individuals from a prospective Danish population-based study
PLoS Medicine Dec 06, 2018
Warny M, et al. - In this investigation involving 98,344 Danish people from the general population, researchers assessed whether lymphopenia is associated with an increased risk of infection and infection-related death. All persons included responded to a lifestyle and health questionnaire, had a physical examination, and had blood samples taken at the time of the examination. The investigators found that lymphopenia was correlated with increased risk of hospitalization due to any infection,...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!