Association of chronic kidney disease with allopurinol use in gout treatment
JAMA Nov 09, 2018
Vargas-Santos AB, et al. - In this population-based UK cohort study, researchers evaluated if there is a relationship between allopurinol use in gout and the risk of developing stage 3 or higher chronic kidney disease. Findings suggested a link between allopurinol initiation of at least 300 mg/day with a reduced risk of renal function deterioration. Data revealed that allopurinol did not seem to be related to kidney function decline, and medical practitioners ought to consider other possible...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!