Proton pump inhibitors are associated to minimal and overt hepatic encephalopathy and increase mortality in cirrhotics
Hepatology Oct 11, 2018
Nardelli S, et al. - Researchers investigated whether there was an association between minimal hepatic encephalopathy (MHE) and proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) use as well as the role of PPIs use in the development of overt HE and survival via including 310 consecutive cirrhotic patients and followed up for 14.1±12.3 months. PPIs use, previous overt HE, low albumin, low sodium and age were the variables independently related to the presence of MHE. PPIs, history of overt HE, low albumin,...Go to Original
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
Why Join M3 India?
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!
This article is only available to members. Are you a doctor? Click here to signup for free.