Spousal cardiometabolic risk factors and incidence of type 2 diabetes: A prospective analysis from the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing
Diabetologia - Clinical and Experimental Diabetes and Metabolism Jun 13, 2018
Nielsen J, et al. - Whether diabetes and cardiometabolic risk factors in one spouse can be used as a gauge of incident type 2 diabetes in the other spouse was examined in this analysis. Sex-specific effect of spousal obesity on the risk of type 2 diabetes was the main finding of this investigation. Having an obese spouse raises the risk of type 2 diabetes over and above the effect of the individual’s own obesity level among men, though not among women. A couples-focused approach could...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!