Association of prognostic estimates with burdensome interventions in nursing home residents with advanced dementia
JAMA Internal Medicine Jun 13, 2018
Loizeau AJ, et al. - Researchers analyzed two studies together to assess the accuracy of proxies’ prognostic estimates for nursing home residents with advanced dementia, identifying factors related with those estimates, and looking at the link between their estimates and use of burdensome interventions. In the end, they found proxies had moderate accuracy in estimating the prognosis of nursing home residents with advanced dementia. They reported that having been asked about their...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!