WHO recommendation for diagnosis of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus in pregnancy
M3 India Newsdesk Nov 02, 2018
The new WHO recommendation integrates the 2013 criteria but also states that hyperglycaemia detected at any stage during pregnancy should either be classified as Diabetes mellitus in pregnancy or GDM.
Bad perinatal and maternal outcomes are associated with diabetes in pregnancy. The past three decades have seen much controversy regarding the definition of glucose intolerance in pregnancy and how it can complicate clinical practice.
Recommendations may involve processes of new...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!