Organophosphorus poisoning: Diagnosis and treatment strategies
M3 India Newsdesk Sep 12, 2018
Organophosphorus poisoning has steadily increased in recent times and can result from accidental, intentional, or occupational exposure. A high rate of mortality is associated with OP poisoning; therefore early diagnosis and appropriate treatment is often lifesaving.
An estimated 300 000 deaths occur due to organophosphorus (OP) poisoning, of which 1 million are due to accidental consumption and around 2 million are intentional or suicidal poisoning.
OP compounds are used primarily as...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!