The obesity-infection connection
Weizmann Institute of Science News May 16, 2018
Obesity and diabetes continue to top the charts of current health threats. More than two billion people are affected worldwide, and more than three million deaths each year are linked to complications associated with obesity. The detrimental effects of obesity and diabetes are often not caused by the excess weight itself, but by side effects of obesity that dramatically increase susceptibility to inflammation and infection.
Overweight and obese individuals are at enhanced risk of contracting...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!