Call for older people to be vaccinated against pneumonia
UNSW Australia Health News May 16, 2018
Researchers, doctors, and patients have teamed with Lung Foundation Australia during this week’s Pneumonia Awareness Week to call for proactive community action to address the declining vaccination rates against pneumococcal pneumonia—an infection responsible for more than 15,000 GP visits, 8,000 hospitalizations, and 2,000 deaths among those aged over 65 each year.
Their call coincides with an article published in MJA Insight today, coauthored by Dr. Rob Menzies of UNSW Medicine,...
To read this article Sign up / Login for free
- Stay on top of policy changes & daily news that matter to you as a healthcare professional
- Update yourself with quick summaries from reputed journals in your specialty
- Earn from paid surveys and influence new developments in healthcare
- Participate in daily quizzes to improve skills and compete with peers
- Save yourself time, as we bring you these and more useful features all at one place!
You get a FREE lifetime membership, with a simple one-time sign up process!